19 May, 2004

Massive Gun Owner Sell Out Of Basic Rights

Massive Gun Owner Sell Out Of Basic Rights

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/04/05/17/gaddy.htm

"In ever increasing numbers, gun owners in this country have, by their actions, said to government: You are my master, all rights flow from you, I bow down before you and will beg, no, even pay for your permission to have my firearms. I have watched this occur here in my home state of New Mexico since January of this year, although it has been happening in many other states over the past decade or so."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I became aware of this article via the Liberty Round Table discussion list. And one of the subscribers, Lawhobbit, had this to say to the list:

How would you answer a judge who asked you, “Did you not acknowledge the right of the state to control firearms when you petitioned the state for the "right" to carry and paid them for it?�

"And the answer is, "No, Your Honor, I did not. I paid the State for a piece of paper - costing me essentially a dollar thirty five a month - that would act as cheap insurance against interference by agents of the State in the exercise of my natural and constitutional right to keep and bear the tools of self defense. My payment of this cost was no different than my keeping of a small sum of money to give to any other criminal who'd seek to deprive me of life or liberty. My paying off a robber does not mean that I acquiesce to his behavior, only that it's less costly in this day and age than it is to defend the right. Money can be replaced - my life and liberty cannot. Much the same with my payment of money to the State for a card that would prevent it from depriving me of life or liberty on a whim. It's a cost of doing business in the modern age, and one that's preferential to the consequences."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This man's honesty, intelligence, and forthrightness deserves a posting.

--WP

No comments: