30 November, 2008

Mumbai photographer: I wish I'd had a gun, not a camera. Armed police would not fire back

The militants returned inside the station and headed towards a rear exit towards Chowpatty Beach. Mr. D'Souza added: "I told some policemen the gunmen had moved towards the rear of the station but they refused to follow them. What is the point if having policemen with guns if they refuse to use them? I only wish I had a gun rather than a camera."
Indeed! What is the point? Quite plainly sir, control of your people and every peoples that have an armed police- but not the criminals, and just let me point out to you one little shooting that gained international attention several years ago in Littleton, Colorado where the police stood by and did nothing- but only twelve people were murdered & twenty-three wounded then. However, this was not the only time, and there many other such events not just here in the Republic, but around the globe.

You learned a very hard lesson Mr. D'Souza in a very harsh and cruel manner sir- and personally I am disgusted that you had to and am every time I read of such events but I will not say anything more except this Texans family will think of you and the others.

WP

No comments: