05 August, 2004

My Cat, My Wife, and I have to Groan

I have a cat and I have a wife, and early this morning just after we awoke, the cat, my wife, and I, had one of life’s little moments.

The cat just had kittens, and is not paying as much attention to these babies as she has to her past litters, and in fact, the cat wants my attention- more so than usual, and constantly.

My wife commented upon this when I was telling the cat to go and feed her kittens and leave me be.

"She is not real attentive to this litter, is she? She must have post-partum depression."

I stopped, shook my head and said: "Wife, she is a cat- not a woman, and does not have human emotions."

My wife then just looked at me, smiled the tolerant wife smile, and walked away.

Yes, that was the way I wanted to start my morning…

--WP

No comments: