24 June, 2004

The Debate Show - Just more crap on our river of destruction.

I love to read, I also love to see a good movie or to watch good television when I can- which really is not often.

Nevertheless, good books, movies, and television just does not happen that often, and particularly of late. The Debate Show is another piece of doggerel that exemplifies, exactly the nature of what I am writing about.

This is a show that promoted itself as a serious look at current topics and, as appears to be the latest trend of “reality� shows, actually was designed to mock and ridicule.

Lauren Weinstein is the co-founder of, PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility, and recently had the opportunity to be on the show, however, her intuition kept cropping up and she did not feel comfortable and did several searches on this show, which proved her unease (paranoia in some books) correct. You can read about her experience here. Though, I must point out, that I think her a bit untruthful for not providing the links to the information that confirmed her suspicions (again, someone would say paranoia).

Nevertheless, I will- as you see, Jim March, and the information that he provided in the start of this thread, and later here, is what I am certain she gleaned her information from.

She may, or may not, be a hoplophobe, I do not know. What I do know, is that Mr. March’s experience and posting’s, occurred before Miss Weinstein’s, and further, both Mr. March, along with the fine folks at The High Road, did a superb job of discovering information on these recreants, and that they then spent the time and effort to pass along this information to other forums and boards to warn and prevent the same from occurring to others.

--WP

No comments: