01 October, 2004

I was told I lack compassion this week.

Which, in my not so humble opinion, is malarkey.

I found this thread over at The High Road, about a paralyzed idiot, who has had his home ransacked by a 500Lb. bear which also ate 2Lbs. of chocolate while he was but fifteen feet away in his bedroom. The idiot does not want the bear shot:

"Isaac, who holds elective office as the Pitkin County assessor, said he does not want to see the bear shot, but he is worried about how the needs of residents can be balanced against the needs of wildlife."

So, I say, let him commune with nature more closely by covering himself in this, and then greeting the bear so that he and the bear can have a meaningful dialogue.

While he is at it, maybe I could also get both the Mexican national, who yesterday sat at a Green Light while NO traffic was coming until a Green Arrow, without using his turn signal. This idiot then proceed to travel the Highway frontage road, blocking traffic from passing him as he drove down the middle of the road. He entered the Highway and only then did he use his turn signal, after entering the Highway, and for a solid ten feet. And, if this was not bad enough, I exited the Highway and was stuck behind some woman who sat at a Right Turn Yield Y intersection, while NO traffic was coming, until the light turned green. She then proceeded to still sit there speaking on her mobile phone until she was ready to move.

Just maybe, I could get them to join Mr. Isaac, in his balance of people and nature conference with that bear, and then everyone would feel complete in this compassionate act- at least I would...

--WP


No comments: