27 October, 2004

Do we ever change from the children we were?

Getting back to work has been tough because of so much work I have to catch up on, and I do not mind and I am earning my way. However, when you update systems and software for clients and you need to find the original software because older systems are going to be wiped and replaced and you need the original software, and you ask where it is at, what does one hear:
"I don't know."

I didn't do it."
Of course, then you have the grown-up versions:
"It is not my responsibility."

"I don't know how to install software."

"Did you look in the office?"
Of course, my favorite is from Adobe:
"It does no matter if you have the serial number or if it is on file, as soon as we introduce a new version, we no longer have the ability to provide replacement CD's for consumers- we just don't have it."
--WP

No comments: