13 June, 2005

Animal (Actually Homosexual) Planet

Tonight, I was making myself a sandwich for supper, and the Paranoid Girls were watching Animal Planet- Who Gets the Dog. In the sidewise thinking I do quite often, I thought fine, no problem for my girls to watch as I layered a piece of cheese on my chicken. The announcer introduced a girl, a family, and then the "easy going life partners".

What!?!

My mind kicked down into third gear and up came my eyes to see two easy going life partner "bears". I grabbed the remote, changed the channel to Boomerang, and finished preparing my meal.

Afterwards, I went back to my system to do some research on this show, and what do I find, but who got the dog- Hugs? Well, Julie and Mary who renamed him the Edgar Winter Dog because:
"Edgar was given a new name because Julie and Mary didn't feel Hugs was macho enough for a boy dog and because Hugs lacks lap-dog tendencies."
Now, I do not know if Julie or Mary are lesbians, and that is their business, but it is inferred on the same page as why Hug's name was changed:
"Julie and Mary have to make sure one of them can come directly home after work to walk Hugs and spend some time with him. It's a commitment and an adjustment to their schedules, but definitely worth it."
Now, some of you are probably wondering why I posted about this, and quite simply, to point out you cannot trust anything on the tube- at all, even Homosexual Planet from attempting to push their political agenda, yes, down your throat.

The episode in question will air again tonight at 23:00EDT, and again tomorrow morning at 03:00EDT- if you just have to see the bears...

--WP

No comments: