12 July, 2005

Dell Sucks!

I will state for the record that I have never liked Dell, as I have posted previously, but some customers are too cheap to order anything but, and others, do not know any better. And, if we have to deal with that Piece of Crap Company, at least we get paid for it.

Unfortunately, when it is family that has ordered that four-letter crap ("Well I know you are busy and did not want to bother you.") and it is a one of the Ma's (I have several- do not ask, as I am not saying) you have to help them out and get things fixed- it is only proper. Besides, even if they did not wipe your ass when you were small, they smacked you when you were older and then pointed you in the right direction, and with me, it was more than once.

So, I have a severely infected Dimension 2400 that needs repair and after recovering the important data, the fastest, and generally most painless thing to do is wipe the drive using the manufactures software to factory zero, and reinstall everything on the freshly cleaned drive.

You do need the original software for this, and I decided to call Dell after Ma swore she sent me all of the CD-ROM's that came with it. Of course the Windows XP Home Restore CD was missing.

Two hours and ten minutes later, two continents, and I think a sub-continent, five departments reached- spoke to a total of eight times, and nine different Piece of Dell Employees (the last, Max, an Indian, who kept saying "Uh-Huh" and then "I must scrutinize your account!") I was able to order the $10.83 Dell Windows XP Home Restore CD (Part Number R2553).

This morning I had read how Dell has closed their Customer Support Forums, and I put it up as another one of their failures, but never did I expect to have go through with what I did this morning.

So, to honor such blatant incompetence, I have but this to say:

Fuck off and Die Michael Dell!

Your company, IMO, has sucked since day one. You have always sold crap that is overpriced and you lack service, and always will. I will make it my mission to convince my customers to never, ever, purchase your crap again. I have one customer that has over 200 of your systems, and I recently convinced them to purchase a real server, a Compaq ML350G4 (HP brought nothing to the table, Carly is a stupid bitch that desereved to be canned, and Capelas was a fat assed sell-out), they finally understand what a quality PC server is. This is my first into that business and it will not be my last.

You may think that this is my first bad experience with your company- nope!

Here is another:

Several years ago, a customer purchased a monitoring software system, and the software vendor insisted upon your crap. Your crap dies in six months and customer calls me to troubleshoot. I tell them I must charge, and the customer tells me they do not care. Fifteen minutes after arriving, I know it is the IDE header on your piece of crap motherboard. So, I call the Piece of Dell Company and forty-five minutes later, your piece of crap technician agrees with the obvious diagnose, and tells me he will send me a new motherboard to replace it. Whoa there, you piece of crap company! You are trying to cheat my customer out of your warranty obligation and I insist that you honor your warranty and send someone out to repair it. I tell your piece of crap technician that I will leave the system open so that the tech that comes out will have easy access and make sure you put that on the work order. Your piece of crap technician tells me he will.

Four days later I get a call from a spastic, sub-contracted piece of crap technician who is freaked that the system is open and I tell him to read his work order and he swears it says nothing about an open system. I then have to tell him what is wrong, what he is supposed to do, and tell him to start the restore CD after he has the system up and running- OK he says after changing and washing out his panties.

Five days later I get a call from the client asking me when I am going to finish the system, and I ask stupidly- "What system?" I am then told the open Piece of Dell computer used for monitoring. I stupidly say- "Open?"

I have many more stories of your company's piece of crap products, antics and service, but that is enough for now.

So again Michael Dell, Fuck Off and Die!

--WP

No comments: